Our Coronavirus Update
Welcoming you back after Lockdown 02
The government announced the new tier arrangements for England this morning. Cotswolds is in tier 2, which means the Bantam tearooms restaurant and accommodation rooms will open on Wednesday 02nd December.
We request that all of our guests follow the local government guidelines in place for their area. Should you need to amend your booking please email us in the first instance.
As we hope to begin welcoming you back in the coming days we wish to reassure you that the entire team at The Bantam will continue to take every possible step to minimise the risk of infection and take every possible precaution to ensure the health and well-being of both our staff and guests.
For further information about the measures in place, please see below.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Chipping Campden shortly.
All the best
Carolyn & Bantam team
Our Guest Charter
As our guests will know and expect our service, housekeeping, hygiene and safety have always been amongst our values at the Bantam and delivering on these consistently is part of our key values.
We plan to be COVID – 19 compliant and undertake daily temperature testing with our staff, with social distancing coupled with a commitment to follow our clinical style of handwashing and an enhanced approach to cleaning and disinfection throughout our tea rooms and boutique accommodation.
Due to the developing nature of the situation and guidance, our procedures and operations will be continuously reviewed and promptly updated as required. The information we are sharing with you about how we will operate may therefore be subject to review and change without notice.
We politely request the support and assistance of our valued guests in this newly changed environment, so that together we manage the COVID -19 health crisis and ensure that the Bantam continues to provide a welcome retreat, where our guests and team can feel comfortable and safe.
If in the unfortunate event, our guest or our staff experience COVID-19 symptoms such as high temperature, a new continuous cough or a change to the sense of taste and smell, we must ask that you follow the Government advice, remain at home and contact us to allow your stay to be rescheduled.
We further ask that any guest who has arrived in the UK from Overseas within the 14 days prior to their arrival at our Tearooms & Accommodation contact us in advance of travelling to the accommodation, to discuss their reservation.
Our Team & their Training
All our team members are required to stay at home if unwell and must follow official guidance on self – isolating as required.
- Our team will have their temperature checked upon arriving at work.
- We teach all team members to follow a clinical standard handwashing routine building on their existing commitment and handwashing procedure.
- You can be confident that we hold ourselves to the same cleanliness standards back of house as we do in our guest spaces and we’ve taken steps to ensure that our employees observe social distancing too.
- The Duty Manager will be responsible for the implementation of our COVID-19 procedures and will be pleased to assist with any questions or queries. Alternatively, please speak to the Duty Manager.
- There are visual reminders of the importance of our COVID-19 prevention measures, including social distancing.
- We proudly hold a 5- star food hygiene rating, so you can be confident that cleanliness, hygiene and safe food and drink handling have always been high on our agenda.
- All public areas, including our Tea Rooms have been thoughtfully rearranged with furniture spaces to allow proper distancing.
- Unnecessary soft furnishings have been removed, and anything that remains will be included in our enhanced cleaning and disinfection programme at appropriate frequencies.
- Working with our suppliers, we’ve identified the most suitable coronavirus- effective cleaning products, and will use these in our Tearooms.
- We have designed a comprehensive enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedure and guide which individually covers all areas of our Tea Rooms and Accommodation.
- Staffing levels will be rostered to ensure that public spaces can be continuously cleaned and disinfected throughout the day, in line with our enhanced cleaning programme.
- We’ve given thought to every step of our journey from arrival and check-in, to housekeeping and room service to ensure that even whilst keeping their distance our team can look after you with our usual warm hospitality.
- To help us avoid the unnecessary handling of cash, we will invite all guests to make payment by card wherever possible.
- Our pledge is that our experienced housekeepers will have taken care and time to ensure that your bedroom has been meticulously cleaned and fully disinfected, following a detailed disinfection procedure and ensuring extra attention to high touch areas, such as TV remotes and taps.
- We have removed any non-essential items in your bedroom, this includes items such as decorative cushions and magazines.
- Tea and coffee facilities will of course be properly cleaned and disinfected between arrivals.
- We will only provide our housekeeping services whilst you are out of the room, let us know if you have a preferred time for this to happen.
- You can tell us if you prefer that our housekeeping don’t enter your room at all during your stay, just let us know when you arrive. We’ll be happy to provide clean towels and amenities to your door as you wish.
- All of our bedrooms are provided with individual toiletry items which are, as always disposed of following each guest departure.
Eating & Drinking
- All public areas have been thoughtfully rearranged with furniture spaces to allow proper distancing.
- Weather dependant, we will aim to maximise the availability of outdoor spaces for eating and drinking.
- Depending on the service, menus will either be single use or properly disinfected between each and every use.
- Breakfast buffets will be removed. Instead, those items will be available for service to the table instead by our staff.
Bookings Made Through a Third -Party
In the first instance, please refer to whoever you booked through, you will need to cancel or amend directly with them.
Bookings Made Through a Third -Party
If you were going to be staying with us between 20 March and 3 July 2020, your booking has been automatically cancelled. If you have pre-paid or paid a deposit your booking will be held and credited to a future date of your choice subject to availability within 12 months of our Accommodation re-opening.
Flexible bookings for 2020
Although we are taking bookings for July and beyond, during these uncertain times we understand that flexibility is important so all new reservations for 2020 can now be changed up to 7 days prior to arrival to a date within 12 months.
Carolyn & the Bantam Team